Reading Slump....

The problem with reading slumps is the lack of interest in picking up a book, even though you know it's going to be good, but unable to actually read it.

Coming from someone who wants to read every second of every day, reading slumps are the spawn of all things evil.

I look at my bookshelf and think what should I read next? But when you have the dreaded readers slump, everything doesn't interest you.

What causes readers slump? For me it can either be after a book that I thought was amazing, or a book that I thought was so bad I can't believe someone wrote this garbage.

I unfortunately don't know the cure for this horrible disease (yeah, that's how I see it), if I did I think I'll be a millionaire. Well close enough to that anyway.

So my plan is, and hopefully this will work, I'm going to pick a book up and take my time in reading it. Sounds simple right, but when you are a reviewer all you want to do is read as many books and get as many reviews out as possible.

I didn't start doing this because I was getting paid to do it, I'm doing it because I love it. And that's what I keep forgetting.

Hopefully I will get over this readers slump soon, because there are so many books I want to read (and buy) on my shelf.

If you are also suffering readers slump, or you know a secret to get out of it, I would love to hear your thoughts.