Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Bitter Sweet Love - Jennifer L. Armentrout

Syopsis

Dez wasn't just Jasmine's crush. A gargoyle Warden like Jas, he helped her come to terms with her destiny—fending off demons and maintaining the balance between good and evil. He was her everything…right until the moment he disappeared without a trace. It didn't help that Jas's father had just announced that she and Dez would one day be mated. Hard not to take that personally.

And now he's back, three years older, ten times hotter, ready to pick up exactly where they left off. But Jas isn't taking that risk again. Dez has seven days to meet all her conditions and earn back her trust. Seven days filled with terrifying danger and sweet temptation. Seven days to win her heart—or shatter it all over again...

Review

I really did not enjoy this book, which is sad because I've heard nothing but great things about this author. I did see a few reviews for this book saying to skip it all together and just begin the series. For those who don't know, this is a novella / prequel to the Dark Elements series.

The concept of the book and the writing style was great, I've never read a book about gargoyles before. It was the characters themselves that I couldn't stomach.

Not only I did not understand their relationship, but I just didn't care. All it seemed to me was Dez using his sex appeal to Jasmine who doesn't have a back bone. They both just made me mad.

The one thing that I hated the most was the portrayal of females in this book. All they are good for is breeding and getting kidnapped my demons a lot. Really? Wouldn't it be smart to teach them to fight for themselves.

I will be reading the first book in the series, hopefully it will one hundred times better. Don't let me down Jennifer L. Armentrout.