Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn

Who are you?

What have we done to each other?
These are the questions Nick Dunne finds himself asking on the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, when his wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn't true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they weren't made by him. And then there are the persistent calls on his mobile phone.
So what did happen to Nick's beautiful wife?

Review

I have been left speechless. Can someone please explain to me what I just read? Because I have never read a book so thrilling and captivating as Gone Girl. Plot twists after plot twists, the annoying part for me as a reviewer (especially one who doesn't like to give away spoilers), this is going to be hard for me to talk about.

I'll probably go on a bit on how much I'm officially a fan of Gillian Flynn, and every book she has written, I will be buying. How she can get into the mind of a sociopath and create this sort of writing style. I'm speechless, and extremely jealous.

What I love to see now is how they are able to portray this in film. The chapters go back and forth in time, but they are crucial to the story that they are written like this. Once you read the book, and you must, you would understand why this is. So I'm intrigued but also scared on how they did it, and hopefully they did it justice.

WARNING! I'm about to say a few things that might give away a bit of the story, so if you haven't read it, look away now....

Even though Nick is the "good guy" the one who is being manipulated throughout the whole story, there was something in me that still hated him. It's mainly because he cheated, yes okay he cheated on the most diabolical sociopath known to mankind, but he really didn't know that at the time. He still cheated with a much younger woman, and because of that I had this small hate for him. Plus I did find him completely stupid at times.

Now for that crazy bitch, yes Amy is not all there, actually I think she is all there for her to be able to do the things she did, she's just a psycho, a brilliant psycho.

And yes, I did want to kill her in the end, but at the same time I was thinking how brilliant she is, to think the way she does, always two steps ahead of everyone. My mind is officially blown.

SPOILER OVER!

If you haven't read this book yet, then what are you waiting for? Sometimes there is a good reason why people keep bragging about a book they like.

But if you have read the book I'm definitely up for discussion, so please leave a comment below, I love to hear your thoughts.