Bad Romeo by Leisa Rayven

Bad Romeo - Leisa Rayven

Synopsis

Cassie Taylor was just another good girl acting student. Ethan Holt was the bad boy on campus. Then one fated casting choice for Romeo and Juliet changed it all. Like the characters they were playing onstage, Cassie and Ethan's epic romance seemed destined. Until it ended in tragedy when he shattered her heart.

Now they've made it to Broadway where they're reunited as romantic leads once again - and their passionate scenes force them to confront the heartbreaking lows and pulse-pounding highs of their intense college affair. For Ethan, losing Cassie was h is biggest regret-and he's determined to redeem himself. But for Cassie, even though Ethan was her first and only great love, he hurt her too much to ever be trusted again. The trouble is, when it comes to love, sometimes it's the things that aren't good for us that are the most irresistible.

Review

When I first saw this book in stores (a while ago now), I was hesitant to buy it. The cover looked beautiful, but the title had me second guessing. Now why I didn't read the synopsis is anybody's guess, because the whole time I was believing this book was a re-telling of Romeo and Juliet. I just have this feeling that the author is going to destroy the story that I've loved since I was a child.

Now if only I had read the synopsis, which I normally do, I would've known it really had nothing to do with a re-telling of anything. This story is 100% original, and boy did I LOVE this book.

I've never literally laughed out loud so many times in any other book before. The banter between our main characters, Cassie and Ethan, was something I enjoyed most about this book. Even when they were fighting, the chemistry between these two was mesmerizing.

It's in Cassie's point of view, alternating between past and present. Sometimes, more often than not, when a book is like this it ends up being terrible and all over the place. I can happily say Bad Romeo is none of that, it's so well written that everything just falls into place.

Leisa Rayven knows how to write a complex love story with amazing and even more complex characters. Whatever this author writes in the future, I'm definitely going to read it.

This is a duology, so knowing that going into the book I knew it was going to end on a cliff hanger of some kind. What I didn't anticipate was my obsession and my lack of ability to put this down. So when it ended like it did, was I pissed off. In a way thank goodness I don't have to wait long for the second book to come out, it was actually released a few days ago. That's what I call good timing.

Also, if this ends with Cassie and Ethan not being happily together, then I'm going to be really angry. So watch out Leisa Rayven, this OTP better end beautifully.